|Thanks to Jennifer Jean Lee for taking such great photos of my class!|
Taco assembly is obviously not rocket science, but there are some things that will make the process go more smoothly.
- If you want hot tacos, don’t put them on cold plates. You can warm plates in a warm oven.
- Get all of your toppings, sauces, tortillas and sides ready, within easy reach, in order, room temp or hot as appropriate. Mise en Place!
- The order of operations should be: Tortilla, meat, sauce, veggies. Assemble them all the same, uniformity is more striking than each taco being a special snowflake.
- Don’t get cute and put lettuce, cheddar shreds, or sour cream on these- Tapatio/Cholula or Arbol salsa and a squeeze of fresh lime is all that authentic tacos need.
- If plating, you can prop two tortillas up “back to back” or wrap in non-absorbent paper. Alternatively, serve family style with tacos all in a line, using the tacos to hold each other up in taco formation.
- You are not 5 and your foods can touch each other, food looks stupid segregated on a plate.